Pros and Cons of Staging when Preparing for Hurricane
When preparing for a hurricane, one option you have to be prepared is to stage equipment such as open-top containers, dumpsters, and refrigerated trailers with generators. These are all things you’re going to need in the wake of a hurricane, but they aren’t always going to be available when you need them. Finding a vendor ahead of time to get open-top dumpsters is critical to getting your business back up and running. Staging these items ahead of time will save you the trouble of trying to get them after a hurricane, but they come at a cost.
Pros of Staging to Prepare for a Hurricane
- You know you’ll have what you need. Open top dumpsters allow you to clean up storm debris quickly.
- You won’t have to deal with the logistical nightmare of storm damage preventing you from beginning the cleanup process.
- You will get a better price BEFORE the storm than you will after.
Cons of Staging to Prepare for a Hurricane
- There is always the chance that you won’t see any hurricanes.
- The money you spend on staging equipment is a risk.
If you’re in a location that historically sees bad weather – the real risk is NOT preparing. Learn from previous years and experiences to determine what and when you need to stage equipment to prepare for a hurricane.