One of Quest’s clients operates one of the largest commercial fleets in the United States. The company saw the need to improve the overall sustainability of their service vehicle, but needed help with designing and implementing a plan across the entire North American fleet. Thus, the client came to Quest to find closed-loop solutions within their fleet of over 71,000 service vehicles.
Quest completed a series of assessments and measured the client’s current waste management costs. The Quest team identified various waste streams that could be removed from landfills, implemented a plan to address these waste streams and began managing a comprehensive landfill diversion program that included recycling used motor oil, antifreeze, used tires and oil filters.
In addition to recycling used motor oil, Quest has assisted the client with purchasing refined motor oil. By having Quest leverage its work with service providers, the client can both recycle and purchase refined oil motor at fair market value, essentially creating a closed-loop recycling solution.
Further, Quest designed an online portal that enables the client’s garage to streamline the product ordering process of materials needed to service their fleet. The client’s personnel can also access the Quest portal to monitor the progress of their recycling programs, such as the volume of material being recycled and the environmental impact of the program.
By managing the waste stream of the client’s fleet, assisting with the purchase of refined motor oil and creating a product ordering online portal, Quest enables the client to allocate more funding to other sustainability programs and achieve overall sustainability goals.
- Recycled more than 156,000 gallons of used motor oil
- Recycled more than 149,000 pounds of oil filters
- Recycled more than 15,000 gallons of used antifreeze
- Recycled more than 57,000 scrap tires
- More than 61,000 gallons of hazardous waste managed
The client has received numerous awards for its commitment to sustainability including:
- Fortune Magazine – World’s Most Admired Companies, Top 50 (2009–2010, 2012, 2014-2015)
- FTSE4Good Index (2010-2014)
- CR Magazine 100 Best Corporate Citizens List (2011-2014)
- Calvert Social Index Fund (2012-2014)
- Maplecroft Climate Innovation Index (inception-2014)
- Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index (2010, 2012-13)
- Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America (2010-2013)
Recycle more, pay less, look good doing it. Click here to get started!